From Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, a cursory look at the signs of the times would show how more and more couples are getting more daring in making their dream weddings come true.
From medieval age-themed weddings to weddings taking place underwater, there seems to be no limit to the number couples get hitched these days, with some wedding celebrations involving risk factors that can’t exactly described as romantic, but sure to be memorable.
While how one celebrates one’s wedding is purely subjective, the question of frequency, or wedding trends if you will, is one that isn’t often asked.
Here’s a quick look at the wedding trends in Canada, taking place between December 2011 to March in 2012.
– between the above mentioned months, it is noted that there had been 2,000 wedding celebrations in Canada
– in December 2012, an estimated 157,866 weddings is noted to have happened in Canada, which essentially makes the month of December the most popular time for wedding ceremonies and celebrations
– September is reported to be the second most popular wedding month in Canada, which is followed by August
– as December is noted to be the most popular month for weddings, it is also the month where most grooms-to-be pop the question, with estimates indicating that 23% of men proposed that month
– destination weddings are apparently gaining popularity, with 10% of women noted to have preferred a destination wedding
– the internet played an important role in the planning and preparation of weddings, mostly involving the booking of venues and trip tickets, as well as the internet’s utilization in picking out wedding dresses